My Blog List

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Not Quite Ready...

If you have read my blog post from yesterday you would most likely be looking for a special post today... well due to reasons beyond my (and others) control...the post didn't get completed as planned.  There were some technical issues with the post on A Place Called Simplicity.. so we are waiting... All of us... I will post the link to the families as I get it! 

Here's a nugget to think about...

yesterday I was feeding Levi lunch... after his "red meat and chips", as he calls them, (sloppy joes) I gave him some banana bread.  He said... "mom, I really like banana bread"  I told him..yes me too.  I asked him "did you have banana bread in Ethiopia?"
He very quickly said "No! I haven't ever had it before"  I said, " Do you know who else makes good banana bread?"  He answered "No"  I told him Gramma does!  He said "you mean she makes the bananas and bread?" I said "yes she puts them together and makes banana bread"  He then said " oh she smashes the bananas and smashes the bread" 
I said, "oh no Levi banana bread isn't just mushed up bananas and mushed up bread, banana bread is made with lots of things..like bananas, eggs, butter and flour"  He looked at me really seriously and confused... then he said... "You put flowers in the bread?"

How totally sweet!  I forget how literally he still takes things that we say and talk about!  What a sweet treasure! I will write that one in his book for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment