My Blog List

Monday, October 1, 2012

Finally.....Home Study

It has been a long few weeks... in that time the Lord has brought me to my knees more than a few times, both in praise and in desparation.
  
We have been praying for the "right" home study agency and social worker.  That God would put this person in our path.  Through a few random prompting from the Lord and a few emails later, we had an agency that came up more than once!   Special Children in Elm Grove near Milwaukee.  Today we spoke on the phone with the director and felt confident that they will be a good match for us and our adoption.  It was such a blessing to hear the positive reviews from others who are currently with this agency.  She was positive and really made an effort to show us they would be willing to work with us!  They want this adoption to take place as much as we do!  She also asked what international placing agency we were with and who we were working with.  They actually know eachother! Thank you Jesus!  He answered our prayers for just the right social worker!

One thing that God has shown me in all of this is that we really are in a spiritual battle for these boys.  I cannot ever remember having my faith tested like this before... even the Long wait to bring Levi home didn't test me like this has... But God in His mercy and grace reveals all to us in His word.  The past 2 days I have been really studying and reading Matthew 10:16-20... (thank you Susanna) that when we are doing the work of the Lord, we will face oppostition!  The enemy will try much to derail and delay the work of the Lord and cause doubt.  But God is with us in and through it all! 

Matthew 10:16-20
16 “I am sending you out like sheep with wolves all around you. Be wise like snakes and gentle like doves. 17 But look out for men. They will take you up to their courts and they will hurt you in their places of worship. 18 They will take you in front of the leaders of the people and of the kings because of Me. You will tell them and the people who do not know God about Me. 19 When you are put into their hands, do not worry what you will say or how you will say it. The words will be given you when the time comes. 20 It will not be you who will speak the words. The Spirit of your Father will speak through you.

Another thing God has shown me is that this is not about me..... Ok..I don't mean to imply that I am conceited or that the whole world revolves around me and is in place for me.... but what I mean is that there is so much more going on with this adoption than just us.  Yes the boys are the most important piece of the puzzle...but there are so many more "witnessing opportunities" attached to this journey.  Like finding resources for others just beginning the adoption process, like networking with others to help the cause of the orphan, like giving others information on caring for their adopted children already home, and being a witness to the gospel.... the gospel is all about adoption....our story is really all about giving the glory to God!  I know that...but I guess before I didn't see myself as "those sent out" more like just someone ordinary answering God's call for our family to do kingdom work.
I hope that makes sense... I just want to share all that God has done in this journey..... 

Thank you all for praying for us and for the boys! 
We ask for your continued prayer support as we move to the next step!  Gathering documents, fingerprinting and the homestudy!  Please pray for Gods hand to guide us to the right people to help with this as well as a timely process.  Our hearts ache to bring the boys home!  Please also pray for those children still waiting for a family! They all need a family!  Please please pray for them and their families!

peace
laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment