My Blog List

Friday, October 12, 2012

Do You Think....



Just praying and thinking this morning on what happens when we don't obey what God is telling us... This might be a really silly or a really obvious question~ Do you think it is possible that we can "loose" an opportunity or blessing along with a specific desire placed in our hearts by God because we dont "obey" Him?

I have been thinking about this for a while now..weeks... If we are seeking the Lord in our lives...and we are wanting to obey him and honor Him with our lives...what happens if we miss or deny an opportunity to serve Him?

I am talking specifically to the things that we have clearly heard Him speak to our hearts that clearly line up with His heart and His character. Things that He puts in and on our heartss that make us stop and think....really think about things. Renewed desires that remind us of things He has done in our lives even as far back as childhood. The dots connect and we start to think... "wow, that makes perfect sense" or "wow He has planned this for my life since I was a child".

Can we knowingly seek Him and then NOT follow..I know we will sin....I know we may want to turn away from some of what God calls us to do... there are times when I am conflicted.. like with my boys.. not wanting to let them go but then wanting to sort of "skip" over these teenage years. What I mean is something that He clearly is putting something before you... the stuff that changes you and your heart in ways you never thought possible. I remember when God first called me to quit my job in ministry and then He put homeschooling on my heart! Trust me I did not want to to that! It was a heart issue for sure!

But what happens when we know God is calling us to do something and we just simply won't do it... we are living in fear of something. Ouch! sorry for the harsh words but I think they are true. I think that if we are truly seeking Him part of hearing Him and growing in Him means doing the hard things...especially when it comes to things that we don't want to talk about or give up. I am sure many of us as Christians can easily "obey" Him in most areas of our lives..and at the same time, deny or ignore others. We just don't want to do what He is calling us to do...It can be in big things and in the little details of life.

So....does God always keep prodding us until we surrender that area of our life...or will He just say "ok you snooze you lose" if we keep trying to ignore it? Will He simply sigh and say (like my Levi) "that makes me sad"... Will He pass judgement on us or...will there be great consequences that even if unseen on the outside, impact our hearts deeply?!?

I know that God loves me and He will never leave me or forsake me. I know that God grants me mercy and grace! But I also know that He is a God who wants to be first in our lives. He wants us to live sold out for Him,not live out our own agendas. I myself don't want to live the rest of my life wondering.......

All of this comes on the heels of a blog posting about some very special precious children in a country far away from us. A post fo those who God has called specifically to care for these special ones. I do not stand in judgement...just in wonder. Not everyone is called to adopt. But I truly believe that there is a family out there for each of these children...He has a plan for them. But I also know the enemy doesn't want them to come to know the love of the Father through a family! The enemy wants these little ones to remain in their beds for life. To be left...What happens when a family or person knows in their hearts they could/should step out to care for one of these children and they don't? I know God already knows..and He will plan accordingly for them... But what happens in that person's heart? What happens to their relationship with God... is it compromised? We live in His mercy and grace. God doesn't leave us...but have we missed a blessing...and another step to living a life completely sold out to Him?

It doesn't have to be just about adoption, missions, or homeschooling. It can be in the everyday things...like for me... how I "deliver" my words to answer the 'repeated questions' of my boys everyday! Or watching a television show that clearly does not honer God. Or how we dress or how we talk with others who are not believers..how we represent ourselves as a follower of Christ! I am starting to repeat myself. I will end saying that we are so blessed to serve a God who loves and gives unconditionally... He freely gives mercy and grace to us. And when we seek Him He will be found!

I am renewed in praying for these children and their families. I know first hand how the enemy can cast doubt and twist things up to make you want to turn and run the other way from what God is calling you to do! I so understand that! Please pray for these little ones to know Him through Us!






No comments:

Post a Comment