My Blog List

Sunday, September 29, 2013

We Come...

On Monday we will wait to hear the decision in a long anticipated request.
In a court room
Thousands of miles away
There will be a major life changing request made on our behalf
A request to forever change our lives
A request to forever change the lives of two sweet little boys we already call our own
I don't know how it works "over there"
I don't know how many people will be there
I don't know how long it will take
I don't know where their hearts are when it comes to adoption
I don't even know the exact time of the hearing
 
I
 
don't
 
know
 
 
There is really no way to describe all of the thoughts that race through my mind at this time
I wish I could put into words the range of emotions and thoughts that are so deep in me
It is a day that was in the making for our family
The steps each carefully and purposefully planned and carried out
A process that clearly was not driven by man
This plan involves more than just two little boys in a place far away... it involves another little boy
A little boy that is right here with me
A little boy who has become my "teacher"
A little boy who is emerging as a hero to me
A brave little boy who is facing more in his 6 years than I have in my 47!
 
All of this is in accordance to His plan for all of us
I have seen God's guiding hand in all of this
I am convinced that the "right time" is about all of us in this family
AND I am convinced I would never choose the right time.....only He can
 
So I will cling to what I know
I know He is faithful to complete what He started
Philippians 1:3-6
 I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy  because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,  being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
 
I know He uses all things for good....even waiting
Romans 8:26-28
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
 
I know He loves all of his children more than I do
1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
 
I know His ways are best, whether I understand or not
Romans 12:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
 
Please join us in praying for our court appointment on Monday, September 30th
 
We come before the throne...
We come before the Father....
We come before the Lord, our Savior...
Lord Hear our prayer!
 
In His Embrace,
laurie

1 comment: