My Blog List

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Update....All is Well...

Just wanted to say thank you for praying...
things went amazingly well today...
my time spent in the city of Madison, very pretty by the way,
was in total just 2 hours!
2 hours from the time I parked my van until I was driving out of town
I found the SOS building and dropped off the papers, had a bagel and coffee, picked up the papers, stopped at FedEx to ship them and I was on my way!
 
You know.... when we are doing things that are "out of the norm" for us we can have a tendency to get a little anxious.  Well I do...that is when I get sort of "grabby" and "possessive".
Only I can do this....It has to be ME
I want to hold all of the details in my own human hands.....
I want to call all of the shots.....
I want to be the one to do each and every step of the process 'cause trusting others may disappoint
I was thinking of my own capable worthiness today as I drove under dark skies in pouring rain
white knuckled
eyes straining
muscles tight
all to get the "stuff done"
 
 
Definitions:
Capable:
able to do something : having the qualities or abilities that are needed to do something
Worthy:
good and deserving respect, praise, or attention
 
Honestly, I did not realize how prideful it all sounds....
Like if I don't get this done it may not get done AND~
AND, it may not get done RIGHT!!!
 
Ok....
I am only capable through the power and strength of the Lord Jesus!  All that I do, all that I am is all and only because of Him in me!  I do nothing on my own thought or in my own strength!
John 15:4-6
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
 
 
I am so NOT worthy. In fact, I am 100% unworthy!  All but for the blood HE shed for me... I would be destined to a life now and forever after, of doom and gloom!
I LOVE THIS!!!
Revelation 5
Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed.
He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits[a] of God sent out into all the earth. He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. And they sang a new song, saying:
You are worthy to take the scroll
    and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
    and with your blood you purchased for God
    persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
    and they will reign[b] on the earth.”
11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying:
Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
    to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
    and honor and glory and praise!”
13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:
To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
    be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”
14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.
 
For those of you still reading.....
As if that reminder wasn't enough....
I am nothing...why oh why would I put my strength, energy, strife, stress into something that I could actually "fail" at, when there is one, ONE, who never fails?!
I do think that God does give us tasks....and many that take us out of our comfort zone
but I do not think it is to puff us up...and build up our own thoughts on that face in the mirror
Instead, He gives those tasks that we might know Him more
by trusting HIM to work things out we develop a deeper more intimate reliance
on the ONE who never fails! 
on the ONE calling the shots!
on the ONE who cares more than we do!
on the ONE who has it all in the palm of His hand
 
And as it happens so many times for me with worship, I am brought to tears!
A song that reminds and reaffirms every thought He just brought to me!
No need to try to "up my status and worth" when there is ONE
And HE is all I need to work things out...exactly as He did today when all went well
and when all doesn't go so well.
here is the song!
You Are I Am  Mercy Me
 
 
Remember He is all we need for all of it...
timing
supplication
sanctification
love
 
In His Embrace
laurie
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment