My Blog List

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Joy Comes in the Morning.....

 

Psalm 30

I will exalt you, Lord,
    for you lifted me out of the depths
    and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
Lord my God, I called to you for help,
    and you healed me.
You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
    you spared me from going down to the pit.

4 Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;
    praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning.

When I felt secure, I said,
    “I will never be shaken.”
Lord, when you favored me,
    you made my royal mountain[c] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
    I was dismayed.
To you, Lord, I called;
    to the Lord I cried for mercy:
“What is gained if I am silenced,
    if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
    Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;
    Lord, be my help.
11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever.
 
 
 
God is always with us....even when it seems as though
 He has left us.
In those moments last week when things were so hard and so unclear He was with me.
I believe that in those moments when I was trying so desperately to "DO" I was
only relying on myself. My own strength and my own capabilities. 
God does not expect me to do it all on my own. 
He knows that I cannot..... Sometimes I forget that I cannot...
God used one of my devotion books to remind me that I need Him to DO things.
He also used my own words to give me a vision of what I look like!
 
 
Beloved, this should be a typical scene in the life of everyone who has been transformed.  If God has called us to His highest and best, each of us will have a time of crisis, when all our resources will fail and when we face either ruin or something better than we have ever dreamed.  But before we can receive the blessing, we must rely on God's infinite help.  We must be willing to let go, surrendering completely to Him, and cease from our own wisdom,  strength, and righteousness.  We must be "crucified with Christ" (Gal.2:20) and yet alive in Him. 
 
God knows how to lead us to the point of crisis, and He knows how to lead us through it!
 
Many times I am always reminding Levi that he doesn't have to be "as smart" as his older brothers.  He so desperately wants to be "like Sam and Jacob".  I tell him to just be 6!  No one expects him to be as wise as a 14 yr. old.  You are the only one who thinks you should be that wise.!
OUCH.... how much am I like my little boy
Thinking I can "know all" and "handle" everything on my own.
God must just smile every time I speak those words to my little boy.
Hello! Laurie....are you listening!?!
 
 
In my heart and soul I know that God allowed this time of trial in my life to draw me unto himself. 
I have been there before in different aspects...
but for me, it is all about letting go and allowing God
 
letting go of another piece of myself
letting go of another piece of my life that I am trying to fix
letting go of not being labeled "adequate"
allowing Him to lead the next step
allowing Him to direct the day
allowing Him to complete me and make me "whole"
allowing me to "allow" Him everyday!
 
As I have said, He is so very good!  I am most thankful for being able to "hear" Him. 
I want to be a child of God first and foremost in my life.
The rest will follow if I am putting Him and me first!
He is always refining me and I am so thankful for that....
and for the wrestling He is willing to do with me!
That He loves me enough to not let me have my way on my own.
 
Another slice of wisdom from my time with the Father this week...
 
We cannot claim to know anyone intimately whom we've not known in the
intensity of both agony and elation. 
Anyone with eyes willing to truly "behold" Jesus will at times be confused and shocked by what he sees.  You see, if we're willing to be taken to the extremes of His
glory where intimate knowledge is gained, we will undoubtedly see things of
Him we cannot explain and that sometimes disturb. 
 
When we give our lives to Jesus, we are His!
When we call out to Him He is there (James 4:8)
There is nothing that can separate us from Him. (Romans 8:38-39)
As new born believers we desire Him  (1Peter 2:1-3)
He uses all circumstances to show us Himself (Romans 8:28)
 
He is there....
Don't try to go it alone
He is there....
 
In His Embrace,
laurie
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment