My Blog List

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Plan On It.....

Proverbs 19:21 NLT
 Many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand.

Lots to share about our upcoming trip as well as what God is doing in my heart!  I will start with the "details" as they are today..... at this moment in time....... 'cause you just never know when they will change!  Seriously!

A few weeks ago I shared with you that we were going to travel to meet our precious boys!  That date is still the same... Friday March 29th we will fly out and then see the boys for the first time on Monday, April 1st!!  Cannot even tell you all that goes through my mind when I have a few minutes to get lost thinking about that!  So excited! 

But there have been some changes in the past few weeks.... 

 
Romans 8:27-29 NIV
27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.


If you remember in my post I told you that my dear friend Amy was going to be my traveling partner for this trip. That would allow for Roger to stay home with the kids....especially for Levi's sake... I/we have never been away from him for more than 1 night. Well ...... that has since changed.  We were informed that unless someone is a family member directly related to the adoption, they cannot accompany the family to the orphanage.  I was so bummed! Shocked is more like it!  So we quickly changed our ticket purchase so that now Roger will be going along.  As we prayed for peace and understanding from our Father, my husband simply told me ....  We will just leave Levi in God's hands.  Hhmmmm......  what a great idea right?   Well, We just didn't understand why this would be happening.... but just a little more than a week ago, we began to see at least part of the reason why.  Amy's father passed away.  We know that HE works things all together for good....but we got to see the why and gain some understanding.  Would you keep Amy, her family and her mother in your prayers as they begin to move forward without this wonderful man in all of their lives!  One memory that Amy shared with me about her dad was a phrase he used all the time when he prayed with them as a family.  He said  "and keep us ever mindful of the needs of others". I love that!  It has stayed with me and I want to always be mindful of others around me and the needs they have.  I am blessed with so much.  Thank you Father!

Isaiah 55:8-9
 
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts

We certainly believe that God has worked out every detail of this trip, including who will be going.  Just as well as "where" we will be going!  Last week we received an email informing us that the boys were no longer in the orphanage.  They have been placed into a "foster home".  We were stunned.  Totally shocked. (as was our case manager)  The country the boys are in is trying to change the way they care for orphans.  Gradually doing away with orphanage care and going to foster care.  We ask you to join us in prayer for the boys and the family that they are living with!  That God would be glorified through our connection.  We don't have any information about them.....how old are they?  Do they have other children?  Why did they step forward to help care for the least of these?....  Honestly all kinds of questions run through my mind, and not all of the answers bring a warm fuzzy peace to my heart.  I am thankful that the boys will get the attention they need, the food and nutrition they need and the beginning of learning what life in a "family home" looks like.  A brand new experience for them.  My heart hurts thinking of them bonding with this other family and then us returning in 3-6 months to take them away from the only "family" they have ever known! I have shed many tears over this....and really sought the Lord for a peace in my heart.  My heart and mind fought each other as I ran the scenarios over and over in my mind.  How can I come back and take them from this place....  How can I even entertain the thought that life in the orphanage would possibly be better for them than enduring the pain of separation.  I know all of the blessing of the potential for their "physical needs" to be met on a daily basis.  I do get that and I am ever so thankful for that.  But I get stuck on their emotional needs. I wept for them.... for a day that is so far off in the future it seems downright silly now.  As I shared my internal struggles with a few friends, one of them reminded me of this....  It is better that they attach and have to "re-attach" than not be able to attach at all.   She is so right!  For the boys to be able to attach to someone after living in institutional care is a huge step in their healing and a blessing! This reminder and my time spent quietly with the Father, have been what gave me peace!  Ultimately, God was showing me that He does all things well. He has all things planned according to his purposes...not to mine! 

So those two big changes have brought more little changes.....and a lot more prep for me to leave.  Mainly, my three boys!  My older boys are over the top social otters! So for them this is almost like a vacation.  They love to hang with others...even if it is just for a meal.  It is my Levi that will require more before I leave.  More plans, more instruction more mommy time. More Prayer!  We just recently told him that we were  both leaving. Lots of fears running through his head.  Will we come back or leave him like everyone else does?  Will mom die while she is gone? Will people that are supposed to take care of me hurt me while my mom and dad are gone? Who will protect me?  What will I eat?  One question he actually asked me was "How do you know the plane will have enough gas to fly over the big ocean?"  Does that sound like  your 'average' 5 year old?.... Please pray for his little heart to have faith in all of the things we have told him and that God is the one watching over all of us, regardless of where we are!

Philippians 4:6-7 NLT
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

I will share more of what God has taught me in a day or so.  I have been broken on a daily basis for my struggles to try and "figure" things out.  He loves me so much that He won't let me continue to set myself up for disappointment.  He is teaching me and loving me and comforting me.  Me. Me? Yes, me!

I would love and appreciate prayers for the following as we are brought to mind!
  • Please pray for our time to be multiplied as we hit the home stretch running with lots to do yet! As well as being able to let go of the things that He shows me are just not necessary! 
  • Please pray for our family and all of those helping to care for our boys while we are gone.  There will be allot of shuffling and the "norm" won't be in play.  Pray for their health and safety and peace as they help us once again in this journey!
  • Please pray for Levi and the fears that occupy his mind.  For a peace that we will be back and that he will be safe and that he will not "worry" so much. But also, that he does miss both Roger and I.  It is a healthy sign for him to miss us!
  • Please pray for Sam and Jacob as they take on some extra responsibilities while we are gone, specifically with Levi. They will doing allot of the things that only we would do with/for him.  Please pray that their hearts are filled with compassion and understanding for this little boy!  remember they are 14!  =)
  • Please pray against all enemy attacks!  Protection for all of our boys and us!
  • Please pray for our travels to be safe and on time and purposeful in how others see us... that we would glorify God in any encounter we have with those we travel with!
  • Please pray for David and Jonathan!  For their growth in every way!  For their hearts to know that we are their parents. That they would not be afraid of us. That they would be safe!
  • Please pray for the foster family!  Pray that they will be pure of heart and that they would be daily tending to the boys' needs.  Please pray that they will feel comfortable with us and that they will work in unity with us to love and care for the boys.
  • Please pray for the donations!  We have been blessed!  In total there are 5 suitcase with donations of beautiful clothes from our friends! (and the suitcases to leave there)  Dental supplies from our Dentist at Dental Associates.  We have also been blessed with financial help to pay the "expected" extra baggage fees.  Please pray that the airlines will bless us with a break on those costs and the extra money will go toward more diapers and creams and necessities for the children in the orphanages!  Thank you all for your generous giving! 
  • Please continue to pray for the children.  The orphans all over the world. That those He is calling to care for them will boldly step out to do just that! 
  • Please pray that we will clearly know Gods agenda, leaving ours behind, for out time there as we need to.... not a moment before or a moment too late.  That we may be representative of the heart of God as we reach out to care.  As we reach out in love to share.  That He would be magnified and glorified in our thoughts, words and deeds!
We are ever so thankful for each of you!  We know we do not walk alone in this... God has given us so many wonderful friends (old and new) to come along with us on this journey! We will have our computer with us and hope to keep you informed about how things are going!

In His Embrace,
laurie

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm praying for you, Friend! Esp this week that your time will be multiplied. I SO get it.

    Can't wait to see those beautiful boys in your arms! Please tell me you will be able to post their pictures, right? Right??? :)

    ReplyDelete