My Blog List

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Got Trials?

Greetings!

There are so many things bouncing around in my head that I want to write about...all from different places of my heart...

But just quickly for today I wanted to share some of what I read this morning. It is about times of trials and struggling.  We all have or will face trials in our lives.  All will suffer and some will have a time of suffering along side of family or friends as they walk through some of lifes most hard things. While we cannot know the outcomes of our trials...we can know that we have a Father who is with us.  He loves us with an amazing love and He wants to show us that love... 

I have someone very dear to me that is struggling to do something that is hard.  Something that they cannot even imagine doing successfully.  While it is not a life or death matter, it is very hard and comsuming for them!  In my trying to "encourage" them, I said... it seems to me that this is really a time of stretching and growing for you....and I added the cherry on top saying... It is all to prepare you for what God will call you to do next!  I don't know if they fully embraced what I said... but I know they heard my words and will seek the Father with those thoughts in mind.  

The truth is, that when we are suffering, regardless of the degree, we really are longing for something to take the pain away... We try all kinds of things to "ease" our pain, some only lead to more while others can slow the impact or draw it out... What I have found is that in reality is that what we are desiring and seeking and longing for can only be found in the intimate time of resting at His feet....resting in His presence...  Only that time of seeking shelter and safety In His Embrace... Dwelling In the Tent of the Father.... quietly sitting in our favorite chair... just before the light of day fills the room.. only then can we start to see what it is that will "heal" our pain.  God in the living Word will be that "remedy" or "ease" for us.  But, only if we seek Him...

That said, this is part of what I read today ...

Our capacity for knowing God is enlarged when we are brought by Him into difficult circumstances that cause us to exercise our faith.  So when difficulties block our path, may we thank God that He is taking time to deal with us, and then may we lean heavily on Him.

more...

In order to receive any benefits from our captivity, we must accept the situation and be determined to make the best of it.  Worrying over what we have lost or what has been taken from us will not make things better but only prevent us from improving what remains.  We wil only serve to make the rope  around us tighter if we rebel against it. No calamity will ever bring only evil to us, if we will immediately take it in fervent prayer to God. Even as we take shelter beneath a tree during a downpour of rain, we may unexpectedly find fruit on its branches.  And when we flee to God, taking refuge beneath the shadow of His wing, we will always find more in Him than we have ever seen or known. (love that part!)  Consequently, it is through our trials and afflictions that God gives us fresh revelations of Himself.

This is such great news to me!  I have been in those places... sometimes I think that we really are in "those places" every day... it just depends on your perspective...  if in all things you surrender to His authority then it could.shoud be an everyday occurance...but if we limit our surrender to the seemingly "big things" then we may miss out on an opportunity of another Revelation! 

Take my life and let it be
consecrated Lord to thee
Take my moments and my days
let them flow in ceaseless praise

No comments:

Post a Comment