My Blog List

Monday, October 21, 2013

Set..............

 
In the few spare minutes I have I want to share what the Lord is speaking to my heart.
If you know me well you know that I have been known to struggle with "control" from time to time.
If you only are getting to know me through my blogging you may see that in me as well.
 
Hey I am better than I used to be!
Seriously I am a work in progress.  Thankfully the Lord has not given up on me in this area.
In the last post's title, "Ready",  I spoke about our hearts being ready to bring the boys home and how we have the proper "permissions" from the proper "authorities" to go...so are we ready?!  YES!
 
But are we all "set"?....
As each day passes and we get closer to leaving for Bulgaria, I think that I am less and less "set"!
The more I try to gain ground on the "to do" list the more it seems I need to make up!
 
In my mind I have a vision of what I would like things to look like, not only when I leave, but when I come home too!  I have a plan!  Right?!  Seems reasonable right?
Well who ever said I could/would be reasonable....  Just kidding, I am not that bad...or at least I didn't think I was that bad. 
 
In my time with the Father the past few weeks He is trying to tell me something...
I know it....
I just keep pushing it to the bottom of my list.... I will look at that after I get everything else done!
Oh how I justify my "hurry up" attitude. My "I have to get this done NOW" mindset. 
"If only I could just have 2 days to do my planning! Then I would be able to relax and have a few days of peace before we leave."
R.......I..........G...........H...........T!
 
I tend to be a "reactive" person.  I could learn a few lessons from my "processing" husband!
I will say that I am seeing that as an area of growth in my life....in every way! 
 
Here is a little snippet from one of my devotionals this morning
(you see, you cannot hide from what God is trying to tell you by
using a daily devotional  book instead of the Word)
 
There was nothing of the nature of impulsive or thoughtless action about our Lord, but only a calm strength that never got into a panic.  Most of us develop our Christianity along the lines of our nature, not along the lines of God's nature.  Impulsiveness is a trait of the natural life, and our Lord always ignores it, because it hinders the development of the life of a disciple  Watch how the Spirit of God gives a sense of restraint to impulsiveness, suddenly bringing us a feeling of self-conscious foolishness, which makes us instantly want to vindicate ourselves. Impulsiveness is alright in a child, but disastrous in a man or woman-an impulsive adult is always a spoiled person.  Impulsiveness needs to be trained into intuition through discipline.  Discipleship is built entirely on the supernatural grace of God.  Walking on water is easy  to someone with impulsive boldness, but walking on dry land as a disciple of Jesus Christ is something altogether different.  Peter walked on water to go to Jesus, but on dry land "he followed from a distance".
 
My Utmost For His Highest
Oswald Chambers

 
 
Oh that is so me!  The bold stuff is easy....the everyday disciplines are hard... The extra-ordinary is easy....the ordinary is hard.  How I want to be content to see myself in the everyday disciplines that really are the defining and refining points of my life. The places where He wants to slowly and carefully sanctify me by honoring my request to make me more of Him and less of me....
 
On the top of my blog is the verse Psalm 61:3-5... about me finding shelter and peace and comfort in the shelter of His wings......all while "dwelling in His tent". 
 
As I pondered the verse... and really thought about why my heart is impulsive at the core....I realized that it is because while I love to go to be with Him...and love my time spent with him each day....
In the tent.....
I am always peeking out of the tent. 
Honestly.... this will sound crazy...but this morning as I was thinking on that.... He very clearly said to me... "STOP PEEKING OUTSIDE THE TENT!" 
Keep  your eyes on the things that are here.... in this dwelling....
keep your focus on Me the one who will give you all you need...
the one who will change what you perceive needs to be done to be "SET"....
Stay under the shelter of my wings and receive all that you need to be "SET"!
It may look something like this....
 
Colossians 3:1-2
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
 
 
Oh how my mind can get "set" on the things of this world! The ways of the world...
The demands of this world... I do see this in my life and while I do not understand completely yet what it should/will look like... I know that it is where my mind must go. 
In my heart.... I trust....
I know that He would have only the best for me....and that so far in my own mindset....
I am not enjoying that "best"... 
I am not relaxing in the peace and comfort of His great tent...just dwelling...
because I am too busy peeking out to see what is out there!
I am going to take the next few days to focus on what is IN this tent of ours that He shows me needs to be readied and prepared before we leave. 
 
In His Embrace,
laurie


1 comment:

  1. This post is close to my heart as I too, tend to peek outside the tent.
    Lifting you in prayer for today, tomorrow and days to come. ♥

    ReplyDelete