My Blog List

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Without A Miracle......

Good Morning!  We Have News!

Yesterday we received some news about our adoption of David and Jonathan!  It is good news!
We learned that on Monday our papers were submitted to the courts.  Apparently, we had received the approval of the Ministry of Justice and are moving to the next step. That step, as I understand it, is that we will have our papers submitted to receive a court date.  We do not have to be present for the court hearing but will be represented by our agency in country.  After the judge approves our adoption, there is a 7-10 day waiting period before the official decree is "in force".  THEN the biggy, we wait for the decision to be printed before we can travel. 
Yes, you read it correctly, we w....a.....i....t  for the decision to be printed!  
There is a "hitch"........ 
The courts shut down for 6 weeks beginning in August. 
 
Here is where the "miracle" comes in! 
 
We all know that August is right around the corner...much to our disbelief that 2/3 of the summer is about done, August is just about here!   With my calender right smack in front of my face, I can see very clearly that gives us just 10 DAYS to have done what has been taking 2-3 weeks for many families.  In the words of my patient and peaceful case manager....
Without a miracle you are looking at a mid to late Sept. court date and then pick up in                 October or beginning of November. If you manage to get into court before they close you would      pick up at the beginning of September.
 
I am thrilled to have this news.  We had been waiting 8 weeks without a word.  All along I truly have had a peace about the timeline of this adoption and honestly, it remains even today.
I believe with every cell in my body that this needed miracle to accomplish what seems  impossible to man, can absolutely be done by my Father in Heaven! 
Without a doubt He can make this happen. 
There is nothing that is too hard, too heavy, too much for Him to do! 
Most of us know this verse     
Matthew 19:26 
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
 
or this one...
 
Jeremiah 32:17
“Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
 
But here is the thing....... WILL HE?
 
 
For all of the questions... As we pray for answers and His will to be revealed,
I can only go to the ONE place I know will bring me the answers
The ONE place where I will find PEACE and TRUTH
 
HIS WORD!
 
I want to stand firm in my faith.
1 Corinthians 1:8-9
He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
I want to trust Him for all of it....for all of the questions... for all of the why's?  

Isaiah 42:16
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.


For all of the "how come they Lord? and why not us".
Deuteronomy 32:3-4
I will proclaim the name of the Lord.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
 He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.
 
My thoughts are not like His...
 Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 
 
I do not see all that He has planned......
 Jeremiah 29:10-11
 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place.  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans
to give you hope and a future.
 
  
I know that even in this, even in the pain of this waiting and wondering part of the process, there will be good to come!  I know that God sees the right and perfect time for the boys to come home....
I will choose to trust Him for all of it...

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
 
I know my God is faithful and He can move mountains....
but even if He chooses not to...
 I will praise Him!
 
Psalm 71:21-23
You will increase my honor
and comfort me once more.
 I will praise you with the harp
for your faithfulness, my God;
I will sing praise to you with the lyre,
Holy One of Israel.
 My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praise to you—
I whom you have delivered.
 
 
to Him be the Glory!
thank you for praying with us!
I will keep you posted!


In His Embrace,
 Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment