My Blog List

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Seriously..............

I would like to introduce you to Daisey.
Oh
MY
YUMMY!
Daisey
Daisey is just 1 year old..... she has beautiful thick black hair, olive skin and the deepest and darkest eyes ever.  She has some issues.....she will have life of mountains to climb.....she will require some serious medical attention, (which will most likely not happen in her birth country) she will need to be taught to do allot of things at a much more intentional and slower pace than most children her age AND she will NEED a family!  A Mommy and Daddy who can love her and show her how special she is..... how much she matters....how her existence is more than just laying in a crib or being propped up in a corner for the rest of her life.
to learn more about Daisey go here .
 
Ok What is it with me?
My husband just shakes his head......
my kids roll their eyes......
most people with good intentions gently remind me that my plate is full.
 
Seriously......
Why is it that my heart beats faster and my mind spins faster when I see a little one like Daisey who needs a family?  My eyes fill with tears.  My mind wonders why I can't add a few more rooms onto this house to bring a few more children here to be loved on and cared for and treated to the Love of the Father.  I cry over these children who wait..... I wish I could do more....
Oh Father show me what I should do!
I would do it.... as hard as it can be.... I would do it...IF He put it before me...I WOULD!
 
Seriously......
Why is it that I just can't seem to "get it"?
Why is it that I cannot seem to justify and rationalize the talk and chatter that I hear from so many.... just too busy
or
too old
or
too poor
or
 too unqualified to care for Daisey or any other child with special needs?
Seriously..........
 
Call me naive! Call me crazy! Call me (in the words of my mom) Out of my Everlovin' Tree!
I do not get it....
I do not understand what can possibly be SO hard to do to care for one of these children!
I know there are issues.... financial, medical, emotional.....but God does not call the equipped He equips the called..... but you have to ask, move and trust.....
NOPE! I do not have any children with "physical" special needs in my house at the moment.
YES I have twin boys with Cerebral Palsy coming home soon!
I do have a boy with tremendous special needs....emotionally and spiritually....it is hard
These days are hard....but at the end of the day when I can lay in my soft warm bed with blankets that smell like my mom's house used to......
I just cannot rationalize that Daisey and many many others with special needs will spend their lives living in an institution instead of with a family! 
WHY..... why can't we take a leap of faith...
why can't we just ask ourselves what we are really REALLY afraid of?
Why are we caught up in worrying about what we might "miss out on"? 
After all...... we were here first...we have worked our whole lives to get to this place of quiet..... peace.....grandchildren.....
Why oh Why would we ever dream of bringing another child in NOW?
Maybe we just simply "don't want to"........
Romans 15:2-4
We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.  For even Christ didn’t live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, “The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me.” Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
 
I know.... I know.....  not everyone can or should adopt a child....
I know.........
Seriously.....
If  you can.... would you consider seeking the Father for your answers...
If you cannot.....would you consider seeking the Father for how you can help someone else adopt or how to help someone else care for their adopted children.
Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do good.
Seek justice.
Help the oppressed.
Defend the cause of orphans.
Fight for the rights of widows.
 
Seriously............
We are in this together.... we are suppose to carry one anothers burdens....have their backs...... HELP!
Galatians 6:2
 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
 
 
What are you doing?
Seriously.........
 
In His Embrace,
laurie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment