My Blog List

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Almost Daily..... Not Today!

Almost daily.......
 in our home we are reminded of the evil in this world.  Specifically the evil that exists in the hearts of those who use, abuse and exploit children.  The evil that destroys and steals the innocence of children...at every age.  The evil that is so ingrained and programed into the minds, hearts and souls of children that they cannot even imagine what "normal" or "appropriate" would be or look like!  I am so mad I think I could spit nails right now.... I am mad at all those who decided that it would be to their gain to abuse my son!  To all those who were suppose to protect him and show him the love of Christ while he was in his Christian transition home! 

Almost daily.......
 I am reminded or taught that our minds cannot comprehend the thoughts and plans of those who seek out little children to do unspeakable things. I am continually blown away by the intentional and purposeful time, energy and thought put in to using children for their pathetic gain.  As I learn more and more about just how evil these perpetrators are and the ways they entice and lure children, I am convinced that man is completely depraved.  OH Jesus, please come back!  NOW!
 
Isaish 5:15-17  NLT
15 Humanity will be destroyed, and people brought down;
even the arrogant will lower their eyes in humiliation.
16 But the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will be exalted by his justice.
The holiness of God will be displayed by his righteousness.
17 In that day lambs will find good pastures,
and fattened sheep and young goats[a] will feed among the ruins


Almost daily.....
 I have to move forward leaving justice to the Father. As it is not mine to seek or give out.  I am certain that He will.  I can only move forward by keeping my focus on the promises of a sovereign God.  Promises of justice and accountability.  I know and believe that God sees every tear and knows each fear that runs wild in these precious little minds.  I cannot live in anger for the wrongdoing and suffering that is done to children worldwide!  I know that God does not want me to rest there.... He wants me to rest in Him.

Psalm 75:1-3
1 We thank you, O God!
We give thanks because you are near.
    People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds
 2 God says, “At the time I have planned,
I will bring justice against the wicked.
3 When the earth quakes and its people live in turmoil,
I am the one who keeps its foundations firm.
 

Isaiah 51:4-6

New Living Translation (NLT)
4 “Listen to me, my people.
Hear me, Israel,
for my law will be proclaimed,
and my justice will become a light to the nations.
5 My mercy and justice are coming soon.
My salvation is on the way.
My strong arm will bring justice to the nations.
All distant lands will look to me
and wait in hope for my powerful arm.
6 Look up to the skies above,
and gaze down on the earth below.
For the skies will disappear like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a piece of clothing.
The people of the earth will die like flies,
but my salvation lasts forever.
My righteous rule will never end!



 Almost daily......
I have to keep living the life God has so graciously blessed me with.... the easy things and the hard.  I have to run the race He has set before me! (Hebrews 12:1 here)  I have to love like He loves.  And that means every broken piece of my sweet little boy's heart..... I have to show the love He has shown me to others....
Romans 12:9-10

9 Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. 10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
 
 
Today.........I  believe that we can make a difference in the lives of so many children that are victims.

I received an email from a friend promoting a movie titled Not Today.  This is a movie about the REALITY of the evil present in the form of child trafficking!  This is so dear to my heart for so many reasons...  I am posting the email with information and links to the movie's website.  PLEASE take a moment to check it out!  If you are in the Appleton WI area and you would like to commit to purchasing tickets please email Julie here or email me and I will direct you to Julie!

Here is Julie's message..... a perfectly timed message for me....and maybe for you as well!

Last week I learned of a film project called Not Today.
It resulted from a missions trip that a church from California (Friends Church) took to India in 2007. While there, they witnessed first hand the struggles of the Dalit people.  The following is an excerpt from their website, nottodaythemovie.com


Beaten down by the centuries-old caste system, the Dalits are mired in India's thriving sex trade with young children being bought and sold every day. Friends Media, a ministry of Friends Church in Yorba Linda, California, created this powerful new film to be a voice for the voiceless. NOT TODAY executive producer Pastor Matthew Cork says:
"Dalits are not considered human. They get no education. They are used and abused and have no recourse or avenues toward justice. There is no protection from law enforcement; no access to the courts; no political voice, no hope of upward mobility.
"Our goal for the entire movement is no small thing: to eliminate the caste system, to free the Dalits. The world needs to understand that slavery still exists. That even today, young children are bought and sold like cattle. That little girls are forced into the dark, illicit sex trade. That young boys and girls are coerced to beg in the streets, and bring their proceeds back to line the pockets of thugs who abuse them at night."
Working in partnership with the Dalit Freedom Network, Friends Church has made a $20 million commitment to build 200 schools for Dalit children. With education, young Dalits gain an understanding that we are all created equally and can live purpose-filled lives.

On Friday, I had a conversation with the man who is working to bring Not Today the movie to Appleton, WI. His name is Victor Vanden Oever. He is the CEO of Cachet Entertainment.


You can learn more about him here:http://www.cachetmarketinggroup.com/AboutUs.aspx


I have tentatively planned on Friday, May 31, as the date for the premiere showing of this powerful film, should we be able to bring it to Appleton.
It will run for one week, from May 31 through the first week of June, at one of the two Marcus theaters in Appleton. 

Would you prayerfully consider joining me in this effort by:

1. Committing to purchasing tickets to view this movie yourself,

2. Spreading the word to all you know who would have a heart to help bring awareness and support this cause

3. Committing, as an organization, to purchase a block of 50 or 100 tickets or more, which you can then sell.


I will be in contact with Victor again this week. Since I personally would be responsible for purchasing the 400 tickets required to bring the movie to Appleton, I would like to have an idea of the interest before I commit to this endeavor.

If you could please respond to me by mid-week, that would be wonderful.  Thanks for considering & praying.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment